Thursday 29 March 2012

26. My design Philosophy

It is very important for me to take a step back and think about what i actually want my magazine to look like and represent. After feed back on the front cover of my first draft, i have realised that it does not look or resemble what i want it to. I want my next draft to appeal to a wider audience and relate to my music genre more. It is important that i spend some time taking into consideration two of the 'four f's' that i have mentioned previously, as they will benefit me when making my second draft.

Function- The purpose of my magazine is to inform an entertain my readers. Looking back at the focus groups i did previously it is clear what my readers would like to see. Examples could be, exclusive interviews with artists that they admire, Information about music events that appeal to them such as festivals and idie gigs and gossip about artists. I love the connototations of randomness shown on the covers of NME and Kerrang, i want to show this on my magazine, so that it almost has a 'scrapbook' feel to the reader. This will provide a personal and friendly feel. However I also want it to have a 'sleek' feel, as the title i have chosen 'indique' has connotations of this.
Format- I feel as though magazines that are filled with lots of images are more appealling to readers, It attracts the readers eye and allows them to be entertained and interested without a lot of effort. I want articles such as interviews to look attractive but still serve a purpose, I'm going to consider a range of layouts for my double page spread so that it doesnt seem too boring or purposeless.

Overall, i want my magazine to look quirky but still professional, the colour scheme and layout will be extremely important in reflecting this. To show the 'sleek' feel, i want pages to be simple and not too busy. It's also so important that my magazine reflects conventional Indie ideologies. Im going to try a range of layouts so that i can see which works best for my magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment