Wednesday 7 March 2012

23. Recce

Recce
As preparation for my final magazine, me and two friends travelled around school taking photos of backgrounds that caught my eye. I'm going to use one of these backgrounds as part of a 'draft magazine'. I found it hard to vary the types of photos that i took because of the limited amount of areas available. For my final magazine however, i will make sure that i will use a different background, that will definitely catch the readers eye. 




This is one of the first photos I took, there are parts I particularly like and parts I don't. I like the wire fence that you can see in the foreground, i think its quirky and not something you would typically see as a magazine background. This fits in with the answers from the questionnaire I took a while ago.. Fans expect a magazine to fit with their personality trates, pictures should be quirky and stand out just like they do. I also think it resembles the natural feel a few of the people i questioned mentioned that they would expect. However on the negative side,  I think that when an artist is placed infront of the wire, it will no longer stand out. Meaning that it will then be less noticable compared to other magazines. 


This is another photo I took, again i there are aspects I like and dislike. I think if this was used as a background the connotations behind it would be 'edgyness' and originality. I think it would look really good with the artist in brightly coloured, blocked clothing as it will stand out. However, i think this will be a popular choice due to the fact that the options for backgrounds were limited. I'm reluctant to choose something that a lot of people will also be doing.
This photo appealed to me because i could imagine a model standing in the centre of the path. This background wouldnt distract from the model but it would still be eyecatching. However I think that the school in the background ruins the shot and makes it look unprofessional.

No comments:

Post a Comment